Developing life long skills in a positive social environment.
Junior Golf Program
Golf for the Health of IT
Quail Ridge Golf Course is proud to offer a Junior Golf Program.
Golf For the Health Of It -
Welcome to GOLF FOR THE HEALTH OF IT! Quail Ridge Golf Management, LLC , (QRGM) in collaboration with the Baker 5J School District is offering Golf for the Health of It (GFTHOI), an eight-week golf program to engage local youth in another healthy outdoor activity. The program is for athletes in grades 4th-8th. QRGM will partner with Brooks Golf Management, LLC, to implement Baker City Junior Golf as the core curriculum for the GFTHOI program, as well as place a strong emphasis on course rules and etiquette. The goals are to involve youth in the lifelong activity of golf and to learn and understand all things golf throughout the program.
The eight-week course will consist of 12 days of instruction and will be capped at 50 students. Total cost is $125 with an option for full and/or partial scholarships for those in need. Participants without golf clubs will be invited to a Fitting Day to get a set of clubs for use during the duration of the program.
The eight-week GFTHOI program will include:
Green fees for each day of the program
Rental clubs, if needed
Lesson each day of the program (mandatory)
Complementary Quail Ridge Golf Course membership for the remainder of the season for those who meet participation goal
Please note: transportation is not included in. Students will need to be able to get to and from Quail Ridge.
Pre-Programming Fitting Days
- Saturday, April 30th & Sunday, May 1st
- Visit the Quail Ridge Golf Club Pro Shop between 9am and 5pm on either day to get a set of clubs to use during the duration of the program
Golf For the Health of It Schedule
- 9am-11am OR 1-3pm
- Fridays: May 6th, May 12th, May 20th, May, 27th
- Optional practice: June 10th
-Monday, June 13th & Tuesday, June 14th
- Monday, June 20th & Tuesday, June 21st
- Monday, June 27th & Tuesday, June 28th
- Tuesday, July 5th (the last week of the program)
- Online registration forms due Wednesday, April 27th at noon.
- Lottery system will be used with priority to those w/o golf experience
- Those who have a slot will be notified the evening of Wednesday, April 27th and are expected to respond that they intend to participate as a lengthy waitlist is anticipated.
Here is the link to register: GOLF FOR THE HEALTH OF IT 2022 (google.com)
Junior Golf League Continued:
BAKER CITY JUNIOR LEAGUE GOLF. Monday and Tuesday evenings from 6:00pm to 8:00pm, starting July 11 and 12. Scramble format; three players vs. three players.
You do not need to attend all sessions. Show up when you want to play and the staff will create the groups. Parents are encouraged to attend.
Dates: every Monday and Tuesday evening, from July 11, 12 until August 22, 23. Please arrive by 5:45pm.